Question

Persistent Custom Field to have default date (sysdate)

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Is it possible to create a default value for a persistent custom field? I want to add the date (sysdate) automatically when a new line is created in the CF. 

I tried to create one myself with an PL / SQL Expression but when I’m trying to synchronize it’s not possible. See below.

Also, is it possible to make the field not editable before the line is saved? See below example with user. This is also created as a persistent custom field which auto fetch the user_id. However, it’s possible to change. We would like to remove the editing option in the field. Meaning the user id is auto filled automatically with no possibility to edit. 

cheers!!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Believe the PL/SQL expression is simply expecting the SYSDATE or TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,’yyyy/mm/dd’)

e.g. below

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Believe the PL/SQL expression is simply expecting the SYSDATE or TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,’yyyy/mm/dd’)

e.g. below

Thanks!! I can see it works :) 

Do you know if it’s possible to not make the field not editable before saving the line? Do you know what i’m asking for?

Br

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

e.g. below

Do you know if it’s possible to not make the field not editable before saving the line? Do you know what i’m asking for?

Br

Depends on the client which you're using. If Aurena, you can simply untick the ‘Editable’ checkbox in page designer. in IEE i think it can be done via a RMB → Properties

and set the field to read-only.

But not completely sure if it works for CF. Didn't test.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

e.g. below

Br

Depends on the client which you're using. If Aurena, you can simply untick the ‘Editable’ checkbox in page designer. in IEE i think it can be done via a RMB → Properties

and set the field to read-only.

But not completely sure if it works for CF. Didn't test.

Hi,

I just tested ‘read only’ on the two custom fields set in properties. I can see it works as expected. It’s not possible to edit when a new line is created. Thanks for knowledge sharing/sparring!! 

Cheers,

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

I need help on create the same above setup in Aurena. A custom field with SYS DATE and TIME.

Anyone has a guideline to do that? 

Thanks 
BR
Thilanga