Question

Part certificate linked to Part Serial

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

Can a Part Certificate be removed from IFS 10? Once it has been generated in a shop order build and received into inventory?

I have proved a shop order can be unreceived to break down the parts back into inventory but only if a Part Certificate has not been generated. 

If certificate has been generated, I get an error saying “this part serial is used by 1 row in another object (part certificate) “

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

What exactly do you mean with “part certificate”? By what is this created?

Badge +2

Within the shop order, we have an option to generate a part certificate, which in our case its a COC (certificate of conformance) to certify the build assembly or component has been built exactly to the designed engineering structure.

Problem we have is, once this certificate has been generated. We can't back then unreceive this assembly/part.  Whereas if this certificate has not been generated, then it is possible to unreceive the shop part and break it back down into inventory items. 

Usually when you purchase an electronic or electrical part or create a component for aircraft etc it comes with a COC type certificate, stating it has been made to an exacting design. This is same thing. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Unfortunately, I don't know how to integrate the Part Certificate (I assume it comes from the aviation module). Could it be possible to exchange the series part via a repair shop order? You could possibly try this out on your test environment.

Badge +2

Yes, I believe a repair work order should be a possible avenue to swap out the correct serial parts. 

I think it will be easier to unpick the necessary parts and swap out the correct ones to match what the part certificate states. 

thanks for all your help :)