Question

Parallel start a Task/Job Queue via C# client/PLSQL

• 10 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

we migrate our old jobs from an old UC4 installation into IFS. Most of them are simple databasejobs anyway, or to be precise, they call a batchfile which call a procedure in IFS. So that is a pretty easy and straightforward task so far, and we are happy it works in IFS10 that easy.

Now I found a more complex problem. The user has a contextmenu entry, in our own tbwWindows, which starts a UC4 Job Queue asyncronously out of a PLSQL procedure. UC4 knows to queue the calls, so there was no need to think about concurrent jobs running, and the Jobs delete temporary tables while they run.

My questions are

When I use transaction_sys.deferred_call, can use use the task queue or do I have to make a simple task and create a procedure calling the procedures in batch?

Is IFS smart enough, to not start the same job (queue) parallel? Concurrent access to the tables will be a problem for various reasons.

If you have some documentation about it that I don´t have, it would be great if you could share it. So far, nobody was able to give us a proper documentation for developing IFS, it was more like a try-and-error thing.

Best regards

Thomas

This topic has been closed for comments