Question

Multiple Shop Order Shortages

• 29 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

I am new to using IFS, I am looking for help on tracking shortages on shop orders. Can I highlight multiple shop orders using the Shop Orders session and see all of the shortages via planning actions (not sure if that’s the right term, I’m not logged in at the moment). I have customers and even myself, who want to see shortages out say 2 months, to see if everything is on order, are there going to be any parts that aren’t arriving in time etc etc. Do I use this session or is there another session or report to use? I can highlight a shop order and review material availability and see just shortages, but this is one shop order at a time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @fkarm,

There are lots of ways to achieve what you are looking for (depending on what version of IFS you are using and what modules you have, e.g. extensibility, lobbies etc) so I will give you a couple of examples of what we do.

First, we have custom columns in the Shop Orders view which show whether they are buildable (stock is available) and whether there is stock in the backflush locations...

Secondly, we use various quick reports to see material shortages...

But before you decide on how to view/report the data - can you manipulate and filter the data to get the information you need? If you can build the SQL queries then you can view it in many different ways.

Badge

Hello,

If you have IFS version 9, you can make a report in the lobby ...
If you need a SQL query, let me know …

I will give you a sql query to IAL and lobby report

Or you can ask the IT department
Will do a lobby or a report...
:)

Best Regards

Tom

Badge +1

The company is using IFS Version 8, there is talk of going to 10, not there yet. So, do you have any advice for 8?  I am not seeing a lobby. I’m thinking that I am SOL with a dinosaur.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you tried the Shop Order Planning Alerts? You can either select all the shop orders you want to check and click  Run Availability Check. A message will indicate if any shortages are expected for the materials on these shop orders, and you can study them further in Planning Alerts - Shop Order page.

You can also schedule the job to calculate planning alerts, however note that then you must select the Availability Check on the Inventory Part for the components to include in the calculation.