Skip to main content
Question

MS Generated SORs & Shop Order Auto Processing

• 17 July 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi All,

I’m interested in the ‘best practice’ way to use Shop Order Auto Processing for MS Level 1 parts. I’m in 23R1.

I have a set-up where we use Auto Processing to covert the MS generated SORs within the PTF. This is because we have several routing alternates for each SO and the planners are working from the Visual Capacity Planning Screen to ensure all work centers are fully utilized. The planners resolve the overloads primarily by changing the routing alternate, so need to work with SOs rather than SORs.

The work centers have different costs, speeds & resource shares, so we moved away from using multiple resources in one work center.

The Auto Processing job works great most of the time and saves a lots of clicks. However, I hadn’t realized if for any reason the Shop Order needs to be deleted/cancelled, the original SOR remains in place and still shows as planned supply. As we have the S/P setting to Create S/P Req & the Generate Fixed MS set as on, running the MS calculation has no impact as it is within the PTF. So we have to manually delete the SOR as a second step.

Is there a neater way to manage this process?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!