Question

MRP Planned Demand

• 9 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

what is the reason for MRP Planned Demand lines in the inventory part availability planning window? There are no actual demand orders generated in the system for these lines.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @IniharshB ,

MRP Planned lines are created for planning purposes only. They are created to represent a demand raising from an object (E.g.purchase requisition) created through an MRP Run.

For example, let’s think of a manufacture part that has a purchase part as one of its components. This purchase part has its own purchase structure that includes another purchase part. If you create a shop order for your manufactured part (say qty 40,000) and run MRP for your site, the system will create a purchase requisition for the first component part for a qty of 40,000 to cater the Shop Order Material Demand (if qty per assembly=1).

If you check the availability planning data for the above component Part, you will see the above purchase requisition as a supply for that part (First Screenshot). However, when it comes to the next level of supply-demand (that is the purchase component part level), the system should create another purchase requisition to cater to the demand arising from the above first Purchase Requisition. When you check the inventory planning availability for this second component part, alongside with the supply line (I.e. corresponds to the above second Purchase Requisition), you will see a Demand line with the description ‘MRP Planned Demand’ line for 40,000 units (I.e. purchase requisition qty) to represent the Demand created through MRP execution itself (Second Screenshot).

Note: I’m using the above Purchase Component-based business case as an example only. There will be numerous other scenarios where you could end up getting these ‘MRP Planned Demand’ lines when working with MRP I should say.

Thank you

Gaveshi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

“When you check the inventory planning availability for this second component part, alongside with the supply line (I.e. corresponds to the above second Purchase Requisition), you will see a Demand line with the description ‘MRP Planned Demand’ line for 40,000 units (I.e. purchase requisition qty) to represent the Demand created through MRP execution itself (Second Screenshot).”

When a purchase order gets created for the second purchased component will a line then appear on the Availability Check tab?  

If I’m understanding this correctly - The ‘All’ tab shows all real and projected demand, and the ‘Availability Check’ tab does not include MRP Planned Demand items because there is not yet a real object demanding the part, just projected demand.