Solved

Migration Job - create output file

• 17 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

I set up a migration job which creates a csv file and exports it on a file location on my computer. 

The job does get executed and the information message says that it exported the file (see screenshots). 

The problem is that no file is created.Even if I delete the File Path location, the job gets executed without an error message. 

Any ideas where to check?

Thanks, 

Golo

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 17 January 2022, 12:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

Please note that when the file location is OnClient the output will be loaded in to the detail tab. This is mentioned as per below in our technical documentation. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/002_migration_types/010_file_migration/010_create_output_file/default.htm

Use the RMB option to create the real output file. Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Rusiru,

thank you, that’s good to know. 

Follow-up question: If I set the file location to OnServer and set a file path, the migration job should generate a file and save it at the designated file path automatically? So I don’t have to use RMB and create it manually?

Thanks,

Golo

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Golo,

Yes, See below from the same documentation.

“When File Location = OnServer File Path must be a valid directory object. The column has a List-Of-Value with valid directory objects. “

You have to create an oracle directory first in your database which will then be listed in the above List-Of-Value. 

Best Regards,

Rusiru