Question

Manufacturing Control Plan by Part?

• 12 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

New to control plan module.  If my control plan is for part only and not process could my control plan be tied to the part regardless of work center?  We have parts that we run on 6 or 8 different work centers.  A lot of work when you have as many parts to set up as we do.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Dominick,

Yeah, that might be problematic. You may use “Copy Control Plan” function and simply connect the same inspection steps to many different routing alternatives you have. There is no other way in Manufacturing Control Plan than connect it to particular Routing Alternative.

Or you might consider using ‘Warehouse Control Plan’ funcionality triggered (manually or custom event) right after Part is received into inventory.

Sometimes ‘Word guidelines’ in ‘Subtask’ type is enough to report the fact that some control steps have been done during manufacturing process.

BR, Lukasz

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you want the control plans to be Part based not process based, I believe that you do your analysis at the end of the process. If that is the case, you can use Control Plan – Inventory instead of Control Plan – Manufacturing. So you perform Analysis for a specific part at a specific location. Could be the outbound location of the last operation.