Solved

Make a custom URL image fit on the background of a Lobby

• 11 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello everyone.  I have been slowly getting Lobbys created for the maintenance guy.  I am trying to put the Company Logo on the back ground of the Lobby.  Having mixed results. When i copy the URL in the box and lock the lobby back it produces the picture  but it is multiplied and shows the picture in different layouts.  I have tried modifying the URL, Saving  the Logo in different formats yet it continues to do the same thing or nothing at all.  Here is a example of what i am seeing  

And here is the URL i am using.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I asked this question on the main group  and i got a answer but don’t understand where they are wanting me to look.  

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 19 August 2021, 16:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I did find that the resolution of the Picture needs to be 1920x1080.  When i do this it is not tiled as much but now it has 4 tiles.  I have went up and down with the resolution and anything over 1080 show 4 inverted tiles. Still needing help if somebody can. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Lawrencewilkey,

This most probably depends on user’s display resolution and scaling factor. 

Please go to Display Setting on your machine and check resolution and scaling factor first. 

If we take above configuration for example, actual resolution of the display is 1920x1080, and the scaling factor is 150%. This makes the “effective resolution” on this display 1280x720. What this basically means is, even though the display is a 1920x1080 display, it acts as a 1280x720 display. 

So I would suggest you to check above in your display and then calculate the effective resolution and then change the resolution of your background image to match that. 

The formula to calculate the effective resolution is pretty simple. You just need to divide the actual resolution by the scaling percentage.

If we take above example:

Actual resolution / scaling percentage = effective resolution

1920 / 150% = 1280

1080 / 150% = 720

Considering you see 4 tiles with a 1080p image, you probably have a 4K display. 

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

here are my display settings….

I tried what you said. Going up on the resolution doesn’t change anything. It shows the same 4 tile.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Lawrencewilkey,

Is it possible for you to share the image you are using?

Also try this as your image and see if you still see 4 tiles.

https://wallpaperaccess.com/full/300068.jpg

This is just a random image I found online and it displays correctly as a lobby page background on my 1080p 100% scaled display.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Here a sample of the logo i am trying to put in the background

https://cdn1.bbcode0.com/uploads/2021/8/19/6321012712f04b0f50950afdbf6dbdfe-full.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Here a sample of the logo i am trying to put in the background

https://cdn1.bbcode0.com/uploads/2021/8/19/6321012712f04b0f50950afdbf6dbdfe-full.jpg

This image does not render in my environment due to some reason. Probably because it is DDoS protected by Cloudflare. However I can load it in a browser and it is not a 1920x1080 image.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thats right.  when i sent you the link i was looking at and saw it was not being loaded correct.  I went back and fixed the aspect ratio and know it works perfect.  

Thanks so much for the help!!!!!!