Solved

Lot/Batch no in RMA

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Is it normal that IFS (Apps8) does not make any live control on the lot/batch number when receiving parts into stock from a RMA ?

IFS should suggest the different lot/batch no related the customer order line. Today, we can enter a lot No totally different from the shipment.

Is there a way to do so ?

icon

Best answer by Arunalu 25 November 2020, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I believe not. The system has given that flexibility to the user so that depending on the status of the returned materials, the user may wish to add it to the same lot/batch if it can be resold (provided he knows what it was) or may want to add a new/different lot/batch if it needs some other actions such as further inspections, repairs etc.

However, as a manual workaround, since the RMA line has the customer order no, line no and the delivery no, user can use this combination for the lot/batch no (which would not be ideal).

Also, if technically feasible, you may be able to have a custom field and have the customer order no, line no and the delivery no concatenated into this custom field so that the user can key it in (or have it populated directly) as the lot/batch no.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for your answer !

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Carole - my apologies if this isn’t available in 8, I don’t have an apps8 environment immediately available - but certainly in the current version there is an RMB “receive against order deliveries” rather than just “receive parts”.

If I am correct that should show you what was shipped against the customer order and validate what is being received. You could remove the “receive parts” option for users if you wished.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you Oliver for your answer. This is exactly the RMB we are looking for… but not available in Apps8 :-(

I’m just so excited to switch into Apps10 !