Solved

lot batch backflushing prompt

• 21 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello all, 

I am hoping to understanding if the following functionality is possible in IFS Apps 10 UPD 15. Currently, I have a Lot/Batch tracked part where we define a Lot number upon receipt. Currently, the part is set to backflush. I know that if I change the consumption method (issuing), I can force the system to prompt for a Lot Number. Is the same possible for Backflushing? Ideally, when the user is reporting a Shop Order completed qty in SFWB, the system would prompt them to enter the Lot Number of the component part they are consuming. I have not seen anything in the help that would indicate if this is possible. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 7 August 2023, 09:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can try below configuration:

• Set the Reserve/Issue Method to Backflush for the component. Also make sure it is connected to the operation.
    • This will make sure the component is not automatically reserved, and hence, no specific lot/batch number is allocated
  • The operator can now use the Issue Operation Material Manually. In this dialog the user can enter the quantity consumed from each lot/batch number.

• since the component part is lot/batch tracked (and assumed the manufactured parent part is also lot/batch tracked and set to multilevel tracked), an error would be given like below if the operator tries to report the operation quantity before having issued the material. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Thank you!