Question

Lobby Element Bar Chart Order

• 3 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi!

We have problem to get a proper sorting (order by) on the X-axis in Lobby element Bar Chart.

In our case we transform a date value to the string for start of the week, using to_char(TRUNC(&AO.Shipment_API.Get_Actual_Ship_Date(shipment_id),'D'),'MM/DD/YYYY') , for example 05/28/2023, 05/15/2023 etc.

We are using above string format to get the order for the data.  I have also tried using year + week number and truncated date.  When I get to the lobby element I check the data source to use the data source order, but it keeps ordering by the y-axis amount.  I am doing a horizontal bar chart and get least to most from the Y-axis.  

Bar Chart

So then my dates are in the X-axis are in the wrong order….??

I saw there was a question exactly like this one from 3 years ago, but it did not have a solution.  It was closed so couldn’t reply there.  It looks like others are having this same problem.  Is there anyone who knows a solution for this, or is this some kind of limitation in the Bar Chart??  

Best regards

Albin

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

This is not really an answer, but we switched to a line graph and the dates are in the correct order.  Until the question gets answered, this might be an acceptable work around.

Also, when switching to a line chart, do not use a number in the order by clause of the data source.  Use the actual statement.  The number worked for the bar chart, but stopped the line chart from rendering.

Thanks,

Ron