Question

Limit user's access to a specified project/s

• 7 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Is there a way to limit a particular user’s access to only nominated project/s in IFS? I know there is Project Access setting on Projects - but from my understanding, this works in reverse - i.e. it is more related to limiting specific projects to a defined group of users.

We don’t currently use Project Access - i.e. all projects are accessible  by any user that has Project Management permission set. It appears switching it on would involve a lot of maintenance, as we’d have to list all users as having access to all projects, whereas we just want to exclude one user from having access to all but specified project/s? I

Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @PennyB ,

Project Access is the only setting that can govern which users add which projects, as far as I can think of. 
Why not create a project team that has access to all projects (including new ones by default) and add all users to it? 
And create a separate team where you would add these other user (for example, contractors) and give specific project access for that team?

There would still be, admittedly, a bit of maintenance involved.

Regards,
Pradeep

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Pradeep, I’ll have a play with those settings and see if I think it will work from the maintenance side. But good to confirm Project Access is the only way to handle this.