Let Production Line Shop Order Requisition consider Part Planning Data

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 554 replies

Community,

I have a MAKE part would use production line level production. I have an issue, this part, I have to make it qty 1 at each shop order. but Production Line Management does not consider this parameter in Inventory Part Planning Data settings, only MRP does. 

Planning Data qty 1 on each shop order

Production Line Management generated SR as per line rate qty 200/day

if we use back to MRP, it does split to qty 1 each in SR, but how we to control the level production, this is also a challenge.

thoughts?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don’t have any solution to achieve this, but for curiosity, why would you like to have 200 shop orders for the same part on the same day instead of one shop order for 200 per day?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for your reply. for this part,  though all demand and supply are all from IFS, but operation is done at another system called MES, we build the interface to MES as per corporate request. 

so here is the problem, MES want this part to be sent on qty 1 pcs each shop order,  and seems like IFS production line management cannot read the planning data except MRP.

to the worst case, we might still use back to MRP, and count the 200 SR lines and convert to Shop Order and send to MES.

There is another option is use Shop Order split, but looks the split function is not what we are expected.

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu Thanks for the explanation!