Question

Labor Efficiency

• 26 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Do you know of a report in IFS8 that includes the operation’s labor factor (routed) , the quantity (lot) produced, and  actual time posted to the operation as displayed by employee?  

Currently I run an operation and indirect report and manually key in the labor factor (routed time) per part number produced and then export and pivot table.  

I have also tried utilizing shop floor clockings and enter in the quantity produced.  Both activities take a significant amount of time.  

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not aware of any screen showing time per employee, quantity and labor factor (planned labor). However I think it would be fairly simple to add the labor factor as a custom field in the Operation and Indirect Reports page (called Shop Floor Reports in later IFS versions).

Badge +2

Thank you for your quick response.  We utilize shop orders quite a bit for determining our on-time production and I have seen quick reports that sum the labor factor in a printout on the shop floor traveller generated by crystal reports.  Would it be difficult to pull this data into a field on shop orders?  If so, I imagine we would also be able to pull the actual posted time from clockings onto the same report.  I will look at the shop floor reports option.  I have not created a custom field to-date. 

Thank you.