Solved

Invalid Change Request Types

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

We have old Change Request Types that are no longer used or valid for our company, but they’re still tied to old records that we aren’t going to delete. 

Can functionality be added to the Change Request Types screen similar to every other basic data screen in IFS to be able to set them to hidden or blocked so they don’t show up in our list of values?

icon

Best answer by Buddhika Kurera 13 February 2024, 19:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Seems like a valid requirement. Basic data should have a control like that or a validity period or Active/ Inactive toggle as per the context.

I think the common work around for this type of scenario is to change the description. So that at least users are aware.

@djsteiger Please raise this as an Idea, you have raise this as a Question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @djsteiger,

Yes, this is currently only possible as described by @Buddhika Kurera above.

And for me, this is also a valid requirement that is still missing here in the PDM basic data and in the technical characteristics (as well as the possibility of translations). If you come up with an idea, please link it here so that we can all support it. Thank you very much.

Badge +4

@Buddhika Kurera 
I’ve opened as an idea here: Invalid Change Request Types | IFS Community

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@djsteiger Thank you, such feature in every basic data which cannot be deleted would be very useful even though it feels like a minor thing to have.