IFS Oil & Gas

• 30 October 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

To support the Oil & Gas industry in a better way you now have the possibility to apply IFS Oil & Gas Extension based on IFS Applications 10 Update 5. 

It contains of the following 

Sales Parts:

• Oil & Gas Extension - Replication
  • Oil & Gas Extension - Site Move
  • Oil & Gas Extension - DNV Authorization
  • Oil & Gas Extension - Transport Order

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Fully tested and with zero known issues ? :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Has the extension been officially released on update 5? Included in the standard application from R&D or as an extension from Consulting? 

What is the plan for future releases? Can we take any update from R&D including the O&G extension or do we have to wait for it to be lifted after each update?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Johnny,

I am very interested to know the other Oil and Gas functionality included and to be included in App10 with UPDs as an extension. 

My question here involves the Upstream Operations activity in Oil and Gas. With my experience in industry, I have seen that most Oil & Gas Operators, or even Oil & Gas Contracted Service Companies pay close attention to their asset maintenance. This is usually used to maintain the asset integrity which is of vital importance to their KPIs. Most importantly, the so-called availability or reliability of mechanical equipment takes high level of importance when planning for production and capacity.

Most of the above reliability calculations come from engineering parameters which make up the overall availability of the asset.

With intensive maintenance activity performed on the FPSOs (Floating Production Storage Offloaders) for example, do we have functionality to include the Preventive/ Planned Maintenance activity coupled with Reliability Data (for example from OREDA - Offshore and Onshore Reliability Data)?

Furthermore, while I understand that both resource allocation and procurement of spare parts can be extensively linked or coupled with ERP and Reliability Data, it would be very useful to know if the app can couple resource allocation and procurement activity based on reliability parameters such as MTTFs (Mean Time To Failure) and MTTRs (Mean Time To Repair) or even MTBFs (Mean Time Between Failures) of the complex Oil and Gas asset.

Best regards,

Damitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Has the extension been officially released on update 5? Included in the standard application from R&D or as an extension from Consulting? 

What is the plan for future releases? Can we take any update from R&D including the O&G extension or do we have to wait for it to be lifted after each update?

Yes the O&G Extension is officially uplifted to Apps10 Update5 and supported by R&D. Next uplift will be against Update7 and will be delivered mid February 2020. R&D will do the uplift after that to each new update on Apps10 (available approx 4-6 weeks after the update delivery).

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

is this replication solution limited only to data transfer or it allows replication of configurations as well for e.g. custom field, custom menu etc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

is this replication solution limited only to data transfer or it allows replication of configurations as well for e.g. custom field, custom menu etc.

You can replicate configurations as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Do you have any documentation which you could share with me for better understanding.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Do you have any documentation which you could share with me for better understanding.

IFS has documents for each of O&G elements including  replication. 
Configurations such as custom fields and menu are added to a “Advanced configuration package” which is then triggered through the Syncronize configurations menu. This will then replicate through the LOB queues and reach the “satelite” installation. 
here it need ms to be selected to be imported or this can too be automated. 
Above is standard in apps 10 O&G. 
we are on upd 7 and do recall we had some challenges with this in previous upd. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Configurations such as custom fields and menu are added to a “Advanced configuration package” which is then triggered through the Syncronize configurations menu. This will then replicate through the LOB queues and reach the “satelite” installation. 

I was trying to look for such documents from IFS, but I couldn’t find. Do you have a web link that I can access? It would be a great help @JULIAN . Thank You.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I was trying to look for such documents from IFS, but I couldn’t find. Do you have a web link that I can access? It would be a great help @JULIAN . Thank You.

I mean “application configuration package”. There is some documentation for it in the help section.

https://YOURIFSSERVERINFO/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/010_app_config_packages/default.htm

You of course need to substitute the YOURIFSSERVERINFO with your IFS server location.