Solved

IFS Costing

• 17 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Good Day, Is there any expert here that can give me documentation on IFS Costing?

99% of our clients use Manufacturing and it will really help me to get an understanding of how costing in IFS works.

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 17 August 2022, 19:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If you are looking for non IFS Academy related info, the help is good with explaining each function and piece of required data, but to put it all together in a theoretical sense has almost infinite possibilities.

Are you buying or manufacturing?

Are you doing project based part creation or have things setup as standard catalog items?

Is your costing method using Standard Cost, Weighted Average, or some other method?

Do you have cost adders like surcharges, delivery overhead, or packing that needs rolled in or excluded?

How are expense items handled by the customer - do they still need to be inventoried and show usage or can they be excluded?

Do the costs need to be the same for service parts as for parts sold with new machine sales, or is there a separately held cost for spares?

There is a list of a hundred questions and what-ifs that affect how the setup is done for any given scenario or manufacturing entity.

If you are starting with the help, I would start with this diagram and read every setup and work through every activity from this branch, but the questions above and many more really determine what is required to be known.

Badge +3

Thank you, I basically need to get started on how to use IFS Costing. I will follow the IFS Help then.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Amanda this webinar might be helpful.

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/4c8b006abd3344ea9a62605ba7c00c31/recording/01d6c58719394a58aad10dec273ad0e9/watch?source=CHANNEL

Badge +3

Thank you Asela this is really very helpful.  Much appreciated.