Solved

if there was a way to only choose certain part categories to copy in COPY PART?

• 20 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

if there was a way to only choose certain part categories to copy - Copy Part -

from user: Just to clarify.
I was.wondering if there can be a default where to ones that never get used can be unlocked when I open copy part, or even removed/hidden. I know they can be clicked off.
I'd love to just open one and adjust the two or three changes needed depending on if it's a purchased part or a manufactured part.

icon

Best answer by Novacura_jst 30 May 2020, 14:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

twalterson,

I can't find the actual setting. Found that there is Part_Copy_Event_Parameter_API which inserts rows in Part_Copy_Event_Parameter_TAB. I have searched for the functionality within IFS (IFS10 in my case), but was not able to find it. I checked the part master basic data, the system parameters and Character and Numeric Value Defaults.

If someone knows where the defaults are maintained, please let us know.

I would try to prepare a custom page, connected to the master part, that contains the new part and new site. Then a custom menu option that will use the existing part and the default site of the user to copy from and the two custom fields on the custom page to copy to. Then simulating the copy procedure. I know not a simple task.

Good luck,

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

eqbstal is Right. The Part_Copy_Event_Parameter_TAB is used to store your session specific data, while the client code calls Part_Copy_Manager_Partca_API.Generate_Copy_Event_Parameters which selects defaults FROM part_copy_module_dataset_tab. As far as i know there is no View to Change the Settings stored in the table via the Client. You could change the Settings directly in the table by Changing the TRUE value to FALSE and the other way around. This would have to be done on the datbase and would apply for all users though. I don’t know of a way to maintain different Defaults for part types like you describe above. Guess a custom RMB based on part type where you first write the Part_Copy_Event_Parameter_TAB entries based on your Need and the run the function could work.

(Edit: At least that’s the Theory. I have no tried it yet)