Question

How to record manufacturing transactions?

• 10 November 2020
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

We are in the process of implementing IFS for the first time, so this might be a newbie problem, but this is my first time working with the RESTful APIs in IFS10. We have a 3rd party application that scans the barcodes of each product as it comes off our assembly line, and records a timestamp in a separate SQL database identifying when each finished good was completed. They are identified by the Work Order and Sequence # from the shop order. 

I’ve been tasked with modifying the app to push this info into IFS updating the work order. Unfortunately, I can’t simply close out the order line each time a product is completed because most order lines have large quantities. If the order line has a QTY of 70 (for example), I need to be able to log each one of the products as a unique transaction incrementing them until the total equals 70, then close the order line. 

How would I log these transactions in IFS? If it matters, we do not log finished goods into inventory. They are literally stacked onto a pallet, shrink wrapped with a label, moved to the dock and shipped out the same day (sometimes with an hour).

0 replies

Be the first to reply!