Solved

How to notify forklift driver about transport

• 29 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everybody!

We are having trouble with finding a solution for internal transports within production. We want to notify the dedicated forklift driver when a WIP is ready to be transported from a work center to another within IFS. We were not able to solve the issue with ‘transport task’ because it’s a WIP.  The forklift is equipped with a IFS computer so we also considered using ’quick report’ to form a list that shows all work centers and their current status, but this solution also has its problems.

Does anyone have a suggestion to this problem? 

All help is appreciated!

Charles

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Illangasinghe 30 April 2021, 15:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @chawid ,

We are using IFS App 10 Update 8 in our environment.

We have a request wherethe production line wants to notify the forklift driver to bring more of a certain material to the production line.  We are looking into having the forklift driver run IFS Aurena NotifyMe App on there Android tablets to receive notifications.

We are looking into configuring a custom menu on the shop order materials tab to trigger a notification which would goto the forklift driver servicing that production line.  The notification would popup on the forklift driver tablet in the IFS NotifyMe  app.

We are anticipating creating custom menu with some PL/SQL code to send the notification.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Have you 

Hi everybody!

We are having trouble with finding a solution for internal transports within production. We want to notify the dedicated forklift driver when a WIP is ready to be transported from a work center to another within IFS. We were not able to solve the issue with ‘transport task’ because it’s a WIP.  The forklift is equipped with a IFS computer so we also considered using ’quick report’ to form a list that shows all work centers and their current status, but this solution also has its problems.

Does anyone have a suggestion to this problem? 

All help is appreciated!

Charles

Hi, 

Have you considered using Ship WIP to Supplier functionality? There is also a possibility of generating a Delivery Note.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @chawid ,

The phrase “The forklift is equipped with a IFS computer” caught my eye. :)
In that case I think there is a possibility to generate a Stream message.  

Let me take a simple scenario matching your requirement. 

Once the Shop Order Operation is Closed you need to send a message to your Forklift team. This message informs them the Shop Order number and Operation number. Then tell them how much quantities they need to pick from that particular shop floor working area (work center).

First, you need to setup a New Custom Event for “ShopOrderOperation” LU.

Event gets triggered when the object gets changed. Specifically only when the Operation status and Quantity completed values.

Then click on “Show Actions” link in the header and go to Event Action.

Here we write what needs to be done as a result of the event. I have asked the system to generate a “Stream Message” (can send Emails also). When my Operation goes to “Closed” state and there is a Completed Quantity. The stream message that will go to Forklift user/s “THILLK” contains the Shop Order number / Operation number and how much to be picked “QTY_COMPLETED” from where “WORK_CENTER_NO”

Then set your Event Action “Action Enabled

Afterwards, set the New Custom Even to “Event Enabled

Now, you may Report for an operation

As a result, you can see a Stream message is prompted to the user “THILLK”

You can actually enhance the conditions based on your business requirement. May be you are doing partial transfers (e.g., when 1 qty is ready you transfer it to next work area), you want to have this setup only for one plant (Site 1 only), Address a specific Forklift Team (can put LABOR_CLASS after the Hi),  etc. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I made a lobby that shows all of our parts received from shop orders and their location, if the location is not one of the warehouse locations, as well as if there are any reservations on those items. It refreshes on an interval (the value of which I can’t remember) and the lines link to the move inventory part page, with the transfer of part and lot info.

You could likely do something similar, but using your own criteria.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

The only solution I can some up with is that you split the product structure and create a new sub-assembly level. This will of course complicate things as well, so maybe there are better options.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Many thanks for all the solutions that have been suggested! At the moment we are moving forward and trying out Mr Illangasinghe´s solution and so far it's looking good!

Sincerely// Charles

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You are welcome @chawid. Happy to help you. :slight_smile: