Solved

How to make shop order status Started even there is no material issued

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Community,

wondering whether it is feasible in IFS to make the shop order status “Started”, but there is no material actually issued to the shop order?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 18 October 2022, 15:56

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The shop order will be set to status Started when either some material has been issued and/or some operations has been reported (time and/or quantities). So if you report some time or quantity on an operation the status will be set to Started even if no material is issued.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Wonderful, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for your input. 

I have some feedback, have to bother you again here.

we are building an interface with an external manufacturing tool. That tool is to start the order first before reporting any operation time/quantity or issuing any materials to the shop order.

We are wondering how to map this to IFS, as IFS has to either report operation or issue material to shop order to make the status changed to Started.

I think we could make the shop order from Planned to Released status. Since there is no way to could make IFS to started status if there is no material or operation reported.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for your input. 

I have some feedback, have to bother you again here.

we are building an interface with an external manufacturing tool. That tool is to start the order first before reporting any operation time/quantity or issuing any materials to the shop order.

We are wondering how to map this to IFS, as IFS has to either report operation or issue material to shop order to make the status changed to Started.

I think we could make the shop order from Planned to Released status. Since there is no way to could make IFS to started status if there is no material or operation reported.

Thank you.

Hi Ron - if you aren’t using the setup functionality, you could utilise the API to start setup, rather production? I think that will still set the SO status to started, but not start production clockings. 

Planned to released would also work but don’t forget that is a parameter in APB too and what you suggest may not have the exact result you want!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AntOlivFr Thank you for your input. if there is an API that will really start setup, and then set the shop order status to “Started”, that will be great too. 

we are using RESTAPI to make the interface communicate each other. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@AntOlivFr Thank you for your input. if there is an API that will really start setup, and then set the shop order status to “Started”, that will be great too. 

we are using RESTAPI to make the interface communicate each other. 

Thank you.

No reason why there wouldn’t be - I’ve seen it done as a test case in apps9 using the SOAP gateway, but apps10 onwards is probably even more direct. Have you got skills inhouse to guide on this? If not you can DM me and I’ll try to help

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AntOlivFr Thank you for your input. I am not technical, but i will inform technical about the IFS setup function, so they could drill down to bring the relevant API about.

I will talk to you if we have problems.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AntOlivFr I do have the result expected, after I reported Start Setup in shop floor workbench. but I cannot see this function in Shop Floor window. 

I will let technical to drill down for the API.

Thank you.

Badge +5

The shop order will be set to status Started when either some material has been issued and/or some operations has been reported (time and/or quantities). So if you report some time or quantity on an operation the status will be set to Started even if no material is issued.

Hello Björn

I am trying to make this work at our company as well. Our goal is to collect data of how long we need to pick/issue materials for our shop order through a Shop Order Operation called “Conveyance”. The problem with that is that I cannot start the operation Conveyance if the Reserved Materials are not yet in Issued status. We get the following message in the shop floor workbench:

Do you know how to solve this? 

Or is there a better way to track picking times? I was not able to find picking time data in the pick lists and that is why I though I could do this through an Operation and use the reported Labor Setup Time. 

Any help with this subject would be really helpful.

Here is how my Routing is Set up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Guto I have never seen this error message before. In general I believe it should be allowed to start an operation without having issued material. When reporting completed or scrapped quantity for an operation with connected material system will issue (backflush) the material if not already issued, and when receiving the main product to stock system will validate that enough material has been issued to receive this quantity. However, no validation should happen when starting  a clocking as far as I know. 

Badge +5

@Guto I have never seen this error message before. In general I believe it should be allowed to start an operation without having issued material. When reporting completed or scrapped quantity for an operation with connected material system will issue (backflush) the material if not already issued, and when receiving the main product to stock system will validate that enough material has been issued to receive this quantity. However, no validation should happen when starting  a clocking as far as I know. 

Thanks for the help Björn. Since this is still not working for us, do you know any other possibility to measure picking times? I would love to have a better Capacity overview of our logistics personell. Since our picking is made with a Picking list, I couldn't yet find a way to measure the required picking time for each Shop Order. 

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can explore the Warehouse Task functionality. It is possible to setup so that the shop order pick list also generates a warehouse task. I think some  functionality for measuring picking efficiency is available from there.