Question

How is calcute the shop order actual cost?

• 5 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi.

I have a customer that have differences between the estimated and actual cost. In fact, the shop order actual cost is retrieving work center cost and labour class cost when these data in IFS are zero (I checked all the work centers and labour class). The inventory parts are valued at “Cost Standard” but never the cost set 1 was copied on any of them.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Actual cost:

Inventory part:

Routing:

Some Work centers

Labor and Operation History

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @CedSergiG ,There might be a changes there are user defined machine overhead for the part. Could you please check in  Part Cost/Part Specific Overheads tab and Part Specific Overheads windows

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +4

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I do not have any part specific overheads for the Cost Set 1, just for the Cost Set 12 and it never was copied into Cost Set 1.

Cost Set 12:

Cost Set 1:

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CedSergiG ,

The only other thing I can think is someone might have removed the machine overheads value from the work center at later stage ( after completion of the shop order). Are you facing the same issue in the newly created orders as well??

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +4

Not really. That’s what I think, but I have no way of proving it. That’s why it was important to me to know exactly how the actual cost works in a shop order, because, in which moment the system fetch the cost template for the part you are manufacturing? When you create de SO? When you release it? I mean the cost template you can see in Actual Cost tab in Shop Order Cost window.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CedSergiG ,

Firstly, the cost templates will be assigned to the inventory parts when it is created based on the values defined in the costing basic data -> cost set tab.

The actual cost will be triggered based on the inventory part cost template for cost set 1 when the transactions below are performed on the shop order.

• When shop order started General Overhead cost will be captured
  • When Materials are issued, Material Cost & Material Overhead cost will be captured.
  • When operations are reported Machine, Labor & their overheads are captured.

Could you please also check once in the Actual Cost Detail Tab, here you can find some more information on the source of those machine overheads.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +4

Hi.

And what happen if I don’t have calculate the Cost Set 1 for an inventory part and manufacture that part?

My problem is that, right now, I have inventory parts without Cost Set 1

But, if I release a Shop Order…

Another thing I see is that the fiel “WIP Build Up” in Labor and Operation History window when this field is greater than 0 I have an error and if it is 0 I have no errors. What’s the meaning of that field?

Thank you for your time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CedSergiG ,

When you don't transfer the the cost to cost set1 and manufacture the product , the first shop order cost will be set as the standard cost for the product when shop order is received. The actual cost are fetched from the source connected to below cost elements when the corresponding transaction are triggered ( cost element are connected posting type which intern connected to transactions) for the shop orders.

Labor & operational transaction are in error when the cost is greater than zero, because posting controls have not been defined properly for these posting. You can see the error details in the accounting tabs of the respective transactions. Account postings wont be triggered for zero value transaction hence these transactions doesn't have any error.

Regards,

Mithun K V