how does work “Extended Fiend Validation” option at rmb

• 25 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  • Hero (Employee)
  • 60 replies

Hello,

I wonder as i said how does work “Extended Fiend Validation” option at rmb.

And let me know why these “Warn If Result Selection Combo Exceeds” is passive at the “Purchase Order Line Part” area. I Though it can reassign the max records for shown in some screens, but i was not used it before. It can be usefull, if u let me know how it turn to active.

Best Regards.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 26 December 2021, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The Warn property only works on detail views, it won’t stop or warn the number of records on an overview screen or tab.  When you are on the Purchase Order Line Part tab, that is why it is greyed out.  On the detail view, like the Purchase Order header, that number in the field will control when the warning appears.

I’m not sure what the Extended Field Validation does however.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you @ShawnBerk . I got “The Warn property” works, i missed this option before. It is so usefull.

So is there anyway to fetch only 40 rows purchase order lines instead of all lines when opening the “Purchase Order” screen? For example, “Purchase Order Lines” list screen works like this, i mean it fetches few lines first, then if we go to under zones fetches more lines.

Maybe we can set this option on somewhere but i dont know this.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t know of a way on a regular overview screen to limit the rows on the result, you will get whatever the query returns.  You can’t limit on the SQL expression because it starts with the WHERE clause and to limit the number of results requires inserting additional parameters before the WHERE statement which isn’t accessible.

It is at this point that I would train the users to learn how to narrow their search criteria rather than attempting to find a system solution.  Artificially limiting the rows has the potential for blocking or hiding important information when it is needed, so I feel it is of limited benefit.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I got it @ShawnBerk . Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Badge +1

I found the other one after posting this but thanks for the helpful instruction. Hopefully it didn't confuse you too much. They should write instructions on how to handle two questions on the same topic.