Solved

Help with labor class resources

• 2 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi guys , I have some questions :

• What is the role of efficiency or labor class resource ID in Manufacturing Labor Class and how to change the value ? Is the definition for Efficiency? In the help menu, the Utilization is mentioned and not the Efficiency 
  • Is there a window that shows the schedule of Labor Class Resource ID or the Load per Resource ID ?

• Why is there a column for the Labor capacity in Labor Load per Labor Class window and when you switch to the chart you cannot display these values on the chart ?

Data view :

Chart :

• Finally, there is a document that includes all the information from IFS for Manufacturing, Supply Chain or other departments.

Many Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 2 December 2021, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ll try to address these questions below:

• For me Efficiency is hidden and read-only  (always null) for a labor class resource (Person). It is not used by the system as far as I know. The help text seems incorrect.
  •  The standard shop order scheduling logic does not schedule operations on labor class resources/persons. Hence, it is not possible to show the schedule / load per person. Only if you use APB/CBS you can schedule per Person. Then the assignments can be viewed from Operations per CBS Resource
  • The Labor Capacity column in Labor Load per Labor Class shows the calculated load for that labor class on the given workday. You can view the same from the Capacity tab on the Labor Class. Why this column cannot be used when creating a chart view on this window I don’t know. The chart function you’re using is the standard chart function available in all windows. I do recommend to rather user the Visualizer view that is also available from this page (given you have the visualizer module installed). There you have charts showing the load and capacity for the labor class.

I’ll try to address these questions below:

• For me Efficiency is hidden and read-only  (always null) for a labor class resource (Person). It is not used by the system as far as I know. The help text seems incorrect.
  •  The standard shop order scheduling logic does not schedule operations on labor class resources/persons. Hence, it is not possible to show the schedule / load per person. Only if you use APB/CBS you can schedule per Person. Then the assignments can be viewed from Operations per CBS Resource
  • The Labor Capacity column in Labor Load per Labor Class shows the calculated load for that labor class on the given workday. You can view the same from the Capacity tab on the Labor Class. Why this column cannot be used when creating a chart view on this window I don’t know. The chart function you’re using is the standard chart function available in all windows. I do recommend to rather user the Visualizer view that is also available from this page (given you have the visualizer module installed). There you have charts showing the load and capacity for the labor class.

Hi Björn,

Thanks for your reactivity.

• When you talk about Visualizer, are you referring to this page ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No Visualizer is not a lobby, its a set of charts that some windows can be configured to use. Labor Load per Labor Class and Machine Load per Work Center, or Shop Orders are such examples. You will have an icon as in below screenshot if you have it installed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Just an additional questions and would like your feedback . What are your thoughts on customers using visualizer as a planning tool . Instead of using APB.