Question

Filter out work centers from APB Master data

• 16 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Is there a way to Filter out work centers from APB Master data. When there is a long list of work centers that are no longer use or RRP work centers which will not used in APB planning, would be nice to  remove from the Master data.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @AanHGTS ,

I don’t think that is possible at the moment. It is crucial to have all the master data loaded at once for scheduling, as there are lot of dependencies and constraints involved.  Any particular reason to limit like that ?

If you want to limit the number of operations loaded with regards to a selected number of work centers, then that can be done like below at the loading dialog.

Also, when scheduling you can again select only the required work centers and conduct scheduling.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The reason is to remove unwanted Work centers from the list. 

Any specific reason why RRP workcenters appear on the APB?

If some work centers are no longer Active, would be nice to remove them appearing in the Work Center Master Data list as the list will grow with unwanted work centers and RRP work centersetc. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @AanHGTS ,

The decision of “unwanted work centers” is not something that can be decided at the loading of data to APB. For an example, suppose two operations are set to run with an overlap, so the the information of the work centers of both the operations are needed for the scheduling (after loading data). So it is not possible to identify these dependencies at the loading, hence all the master data are loaded. 

In APB, you can run simulations, like changing the resources and etc. so if we exclude some work centers and planner needs them for simulations then s/he will have to load again. I believe this is a tool you don’t regularly open and do planning, in general. Planner does it once per day/week/etc. and share the schedule. (of course can open anytime in between and do modifications/simulations).

Also, for on-going operations setting a work center to “Blocked"(Inactive) state does any change ? As I checked still you can proceed with operations, so it will be incorrect to exclude the work centers for which there are on-going operations, just because the work center is in state blocked.

Regarding RRP, yes, I also cannot think of a reason why that is loaded to APB.  If you have access to https://community.ifs.com/ideas may be you can post that as a suggestion.