feasibility to lock info text

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 544 replies

Community,

Wondering whether it is possible to lock Master Part Info Text for edit, and just open for certain user to make changes?

Thank you.

Ron

icon

Best answer by anmise 21 November 2022, 17:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Not through permissions, but you can use a custom event to prevent updates. 

BEGIN
IF 'SOMETHING SOMETHING' AND 'SOMETHING' THEN
Error_SYS.Appl_General('PartCatalog', 'TEST: You are not authorized to update this field');
END IF;
END;

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@anmise thank you for your input.

is it possible to just let couple designated user to make the changes? is it possible to add this in the script?

Userlevel 7

@anmise thank you for your input.

is it possible to just let couple designated user to make the changes? is it possible to add this in the script?

Yes, either you list them in the code or you use something to group them, e.g. you could add them all to a user group or a person group in DocMan, and you use that to control it. E.g. if user belongs to user group ABC then they are allowed to edit, if not, throw the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@anmise Appreciated.

Userlevel 7

@anmise Appreciated.

No worries. It’s been a while since I created one, but gave it a go and this seems to work.

BEGIN

IF IFSAPP.Document_Group_Members_API.User_Member_Of_Group('COMMUNITY',IFSAPP.FND_SESSION_API.Get_Fnd_User) = 'FALSE' THEN

Error_SYS.Appl_General('PartCatalog', 'TEST: You are not authorized to update this field');

END IF;

END;

I created a Person Group in DocMan called “COMMUNITY” and in my case I’m assuming that the User ID and Person ID match. 

LU: PartCatalog

TABLE: PART_CATALOG_TAB

Fire When: Objects are changed

Only when these attributes change: INFO_TEXT