Question

Expiration Date

• 3 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi everybody! I have a problem with setting the expiration date of the inventory part in stock. In my work, we have some items the quality department need to change the expiration date label when they are near to the due date. for example, we have a tank the expire in two days but a person have to go to that tank and see one by one are going to expire to  begin a process of maintenance and put a new label with new due date. 

so, we want to put the expiration date of the tank on IFS and when the due date is near, we know which of them need to have a new label instead of going to search tank by tank by ourselves.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

I’m not quite sure if I have understood your issue properly, but let me provide you with the following information.

You can set the expiry date for a particular part as mandatory in the inventory part window (Inventory part> Acquisition tab) and set up an expiration date upon the receipt of the stock.

You may amend the Expiration date in the Inventory part in stock window  by right-clicking on the line and choosing change expiry date.

If you want to find out which parts would expire first, you can use the advanced search to filter/sort them by the expiration date.

If you could elaborate further on the issue, one of us would be able to assist you further on the issue.

/Pabasara

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Roany,

Adding to what Pabasara has mentioned above, upon setting up the expiration dates for the parts, a simple lobby element can be created to display the parts which will be expiring in the coming days/weeks so that you can attend to them accordingly. 

Regards,

Arunalu