Question

Estimate Structure reorder parts

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello all, 

I am hoping some has an answer to this IFS system behavior. I have noticed that when I create an Estimate, and then increase the Revision, the system appears to reorder the Estimate Structure.

Below is revision 1:

Here is revision 2:

As you can see it appears to have reordered the part numbers under the structure. This creates quite a bit of confusion when reviewing estimates as everything is now out of order. I have tried resetting and refreshing the node, but it does not correct them. 

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I just had a look and thought to share some info related to this behavior. 

If the estimate item is a new item and the status is ‘in progress’ or ‘calculated’, the (+) symbol will be there. When the estimate status changes to ‘confirmed’, the symbol is changed to the ‘tick’ symbol.

When a new revision is created, the status of the new revision is set as ‘in progress’. Therefore the symbol is changed to (+) again. 

The new revision also needs to be calculated and confirmed. 

Furthermore, the new estimate items which are in confirmed status can be transferred to the inventory (use: ‘Transfer Product’ command). If the new estimate items have been transferred, the (+) symbol will not be there, when new estimate revisions are created.

B/R

Nirmitha

Badge +1

Have we found a solution to this problem yet? We are in the middle of EMB implementation and also see same behavior. Estimate structure gets rearranged when new revision is created. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Somayya Unfortunately, no, we have not found a solution. This behavior is also present in Aurena.