Solved

Engineer working on multiple Sites & Companies

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Is it possible for engineers to work across multiple sites within the same company and, additionally across multiple companies.

I have a requirement for engineers to carry out work orders in this regard and have visibility of engineering stocks across all relevant sites / companies.

Appreciate the answer to this will likely be down to setup, that is currently what I am struggling with. We are currently on Apps8.

Furthermore, are the any pitfalls with regards to this that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by paul harland 3 November 2020, 22:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @matt.morge 

For sites in the employee’s “main” company, there’s nothing much to it.  You just have to give them site access to the site where the work order is.

In other companies - somewhat more complicated, and to some extent it varies with different versions of IFS.

Sticking to Apps 8 as per your question: IFS allows you to register the same human as a distinct service engineer in multiple companies.  The challenge lies in making sure that the cost and revenue end up on the same company, generally the company that actually pays the employee.

People will be able to give you different versions of how they achieved that objective; in some cases we have had a need to create 2 work orders for example, one on the “customer-facing” company and one on the engineer’s default company, where (s)he reports his or her time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks @paul harland ,

Thanks for the quick response, think you’ve confirmed several of my conclusions. I thought it was straight forward for Sites.

With regards to Companies, we are a manufacturing company and use the engineering module to capture internal maintenance work only. So not selling as a service, not using customers or sales parts etc. I would assume on this basis I should probably only need to worry about where the employee’s time is being recorded.

Thanks again.

Matt