Skip to main content
Question

Document Management Office Add-In IFS10

• 31 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, I'm looking for a documentation of Document Management Office Add-In for IFS10.
Who can help me, please?

The only documentation I can find for the Document Management Office Add-In for IFS10 is in the IFS help:

Foundation 1 / Installation Guide / Installation Options / Add-on Cmp / Docman /

Office Add-In for IFS Document Management

Functional documentation and installation

For functional information and information on how you install the Office Add-In for IFS Document Management (referred to as "the add-in" below), refer to the end-user documentation (Topics / Create and Maintain Document / Office Add-In).

Language files

The add-in uses XML Translation Files. These files are compiled into the installation package by R&D such that when you install you get the language files currently available. However, it is possible to manually install new files on the client by placing them in a special folder on each client. You can open this folder through the add-in itself by opening Settings and then clicking on the Manage Language Files... button. After placing new language files here you must restart the Office application you had open before you will see the new languages in the drop down.

Information about the build process

The installation package for the add-in currently comes precompiled from R&D, i.e. there is no need to compile it for each customer. However, it can be useful to know how the installation package end up in the IFS Start page, in case something goes wrong. This is done in two steps:

• Each time we make a new installation package it is copied to the client repository folder in IFS Home, where the application server is deployed.
  • When the IFS Installer is run, a sub-page named Add-Ins linked to from the IFS Start page is updated with links pointing to the installation file in the client repository.

Patches

When a patch and new installer package is released by R&D you can either copy it to the client repository folder in IFS Home manually, or you can run the client build to get it there. After this is done, the user can click the installation link on Add-Ins sub-page again to update the installed add-in through the ClickOnce mechanism.

I hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi,

As it says above, you should open the end-user documentation and navigate to:

Topics / Create and Maintain Document / Office Add-In

What’s there is what is available when it comes to documentation for the add-in.

Or you could ask a specific question here or in IFS support.

/Mathias