Solved

Different planning methods in a multilevel product structure

• 7 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Is it possible to have different planning methods in a multilevel product structure. For example we have a 6 layer product structure with different disciplines. I want to be able to make the lower levels for sheetmetal parts planning method D (fixed lot sizes), but the other levels have to be Planning method A so if the customer orders 4 we need to make 4 end assembly's but the sheetmetal parts for example 12 pcs. Can anyone help me with this topic?

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by Richard Owen 7 February 2023, 11:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Yes, this is possible as each of the Inventory Parts on the Site can have their own Planning Parameters.

Depending on which Planning Methods you choose, the parts will then be planned by MRP, Create Order Proposals (re-order point planning), DDMRP (Demand Driven MRP/Buffer Stocks) or even manual planning.

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi I agree with Richard.

Just wanted to add a little bit extra info here when it comes to planning method A and D. They are very similar! In fact if you define a part with planning method A, and you set min=mul=max (lot sizes) then it kinds of become a D. In the MRP engine A and D are sharing the same code (= same rules).

-Mats

Badge +1

Thank you both for your answers.

We will try both methods and see what works best for us.

Kind Regards.