Question

Deviations in costs (Project/Manufacturing)

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 11 replies

Hello together,

I have a customer issue regarding App9 IFS Project/Manufacturing. I entered a part in IFS in the project screen on the tab “Demand” to purchase. It showed a part price of 308, 60 € (1) in “Planned costs”.

The issue is: the part price is regarding the inventory part tab “cost” 540,80€ (2) (estim. part price/last -/intermediate cost) and 540,77€ (3) part cost per unit. I checked the all part cost calculation tabs, but I can´t find the 308,60€ (1).

It is a multisite part, so I check the other sites. Also there is a external operation to produce the part, I also tried to subtract this out, but (1) did not turn out.

Does anybody have an idee what still to check resp. where these “planned cost” can come from?

Thank you!

Regards Markus

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MATHDE ,

The planned cost for the purchase part is retrieved to project demand in the following hierarchy and total plan cost is plan cost * quantity

1. Expected Supplier Price per unit ( this can be entered in the misc demand line)
  2. Costing
  3. Inventory Value
  4. Estimated Cost

Above all if you define any cost in the cost per cost element ( Select line → right click→ Cost Element) , then this has the precedence

So, in your case first check the expected supplier price per unit in misc demand line, then part cost in cost set 1, later  check the values in cost element and you may find why this cost is appearing  

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mithun,

thx! Will try and would get back to you...

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mithun,

can you tell me where this price in the “Kosten/Geplant” comes exactly from?

I checked everything, but the only is this field where this value is shown…

Regards Markus

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MATHDE ,

As mentioned earlier, this is retrieved from one of the below sources. Please check your project currency there might be difference in  company base currency and project currency 

1. Expected Supplier Price per unit ( this can be entered in the misc demand line)
  2. Costing
  3. Inventory Value
  4. Estimated Cost

Regards,

Mithun K V