Solved

Days Before Start Date when processing shop orders

• 12 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If we schedule a “Create pick list for shop orders” when we want to pick the materials as per operation start date; like few days before operation start date, due to the constrained stock.

The reservation is going to performed on the entire shop order instead of operation material only if I put shop order start date as the Days before start date instead of operation start date in the ‘Shop Order Auto Process Type’, Process Event ‘Reserve Shop Order’ before setting up the “picking, reservation”.

Is there any workaround?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by laird19 20 August 2021, 08:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +2

If we schedule a “Create pick list for shop orders” when we want to pick the materials as per operation start date; like few days before operation start date, due to the constrained stock.

The reservation is going to performed on the entire shop order instead of operation material only if I put shop order start date as the Days before start date instead of operation start date in the ‘Shop Order Auto Process Type’, Process Event ‘Reserve Shop Order’ before setting up the “picking, reservation”.

Is there any workaround?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Yes, your assumption is correct. Days Before Start Date in the Shop Order Process Type is the start date of the shop order as a whole, not the start date of each SO operation.

I think you can fulfill your requirement through a database task which is scheduled to run daily automatically. The database task needs to be configured to check whether the today’s date is 3 days before each shop order operation. If it’s true, run the Shop_Material_Alloc_API.Reserve_To_Operation() process for those shop order operations.

Thanks & regards