Solved

Cycle counting items into and out of inventory

• 4 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

We are using IFS App10 at our location.  Is there a function within IFS to cycle count items into or out of inventory when the physical inventory does not match what is in the system?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 4 April 2022, 21:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you tried Count per Inventory Part?

Badge +2

We did look at that but we’re unable to find function that would allow to cycle count it out or in.  Would you be able to provide steps that would let us do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is Version 9, but should be very similar if you are using IEE and not Aurena.

On the General tab, there has to be a stock location associated with the inventory part and there has to be a record of the item being in stock at some level.  From there it is simply typing in the Counted Qty.

Counted vs On Hand

It can either be counting up or counting down, you can see I went from 100 above to 105, then back to 95.

These count changes will appear on the Inventory Transactions History with the user ID who entered the count.

You can add notes with the count update that will then be retained on the Transaction History.

If you can’t access or do the steps shown above, then there is a permissions issue that is preventing it.  If you want to do this more organized with a report and list, then check out the activity diagram in the help for cycle counting.

Badge +2

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Badge +2

It looks like count per inventory part would have done exactly what we needed however we don’t have the permissions to do that.  I appreciate your help.  I am now moving in the right direction.