Question

Copy Part Error

• 8 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

I have a user who is trying to use the Copy Revision function for the Product Structure and Recipe Structure. He enters the new part number and set the revision number to 1, but it gives an error saying that a 2nd revision number doesn't exist. We are aware that it does not exist because it is a new part number. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how can I fix this? 

We have the work around of using the Duplicate function and copying over the component information, but this user has been able to achieve this the other way (copy revision) for years and for some reason he has been receiving this error the past month or so.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Make sure to change the Revision umber to 1 in the Destination Revision (Lower part of the Copy Structure Revision) dialog and do the Copy.

Badge +3

Yes, we make sure the revision is at 1. It still gives this error

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I might be being think here - but in your screen shot, it looks as though it is the source revision number which IFS has having a problem with.

The revision number in the highlight below needs to be the existing one which you are copying from.

the destination section at the bottom of your screen shot is where you would define the new part number and revision.

If this does not solve the problem, we may need to see some more screen shots with details of the existing structure and the copy revision window before the error message obscures it to provide more information.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

There had been a similar BUG 158617 fixed in UPD12.

Please make sure this patch is applied.