Solved

Connecting a control plan for pegged shop order

• 26 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello,

I am trying to connect a control plan for a shop order which is pegged from customer order. IFS is showing me an error that “Cannot connect control plan to this shop order” . Is it a bug or standard functionality ? 

We need our QA team to inspect and enter analysis for customer orders created to address quality issues.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Peter Lundgren 26 April 2022, 21:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If a valid control plan manufacturing revision exists for the part of interest, then it should be connected to the shop order automatically when the shop order is created, regardless if the shop order is pegged to a customer order or not.

The control plan revision is valid if the status is Active, and the shop order need date falls within the date range defined by the control plan revision Phase In and Phase Out dates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If a valid control plan manufacturing revision exists for the part of interest, then it should be connected to the shop order automatically when the shop order is created, regardless if the shop order is pegged to a customer order or not.

The control plan revision is valid if the status is Active, and the shop order need date falls within the date range defined by the control plan revision Phase In and Phase Out dates.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the response. Your explanation resolved my issue as I didn't check the phase in date of control plan and finish date of the shop order. After adjusting the dates, I was able to connect and use it .