Question

Configured Part on a Manual Purchase Order

• 19 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

How do I add a configured part to a purchase order to a supplier who has a remote ware house with our stock that we need them to build a finished good with?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can’t.  Configured items cannot be added to a purchase order manually because you can’t specify the configuration ID manually.  They can only get to a purchase order from a configured customer order that is connected to an Int Purch Trans or other automated Supply Code.

Not to mention, the external supplier would need to know the configured BOM makeup which you would have to do with a dummy shop order or an interim order or a manual transfer of that information.

Configured items and external suppliers should be avoided in my opinion.  You have to go at least one layer below the configured item to operate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

A work around for this could be to manually create a DOP Header for the purchased part, create the configuration there and release it. This creates a Purchase Requisition that can be converted to a Purchase Order. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren  how do i create a DOP Header?  We dont use this functionality and I tried to test something but did not ever get a purchase requisition. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Tenecia.Seeley First you need to have the DOP component installed, then follow below (as you can see this might not be the smoothest process, but should work)

1. Create a new DOP header manually either by creating a new record (in IEE) or using the New DOP header assistant (In Aurena)
    1. Enable the Auto Release option
  2. Create the configuration
  3. Create Structure (this generates a DOP order and creates a purchase requisition pegged to it)
  4. Created purchase requisition is now visible in the tree structure and can be processed as usual
  5. Note that when you have received the PO to stock, the parts will be reserved to DOP order “Temp Inventory”. you must release them back to stock using below command 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren we are on Apps 9 still.  Can you help me with those steps please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@TecAbhisV  Steps are basically the same in apps 9 just that screens looks different. In step 5 I think you will have to use “Unreserve” rather than “Deliver To Stock”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren when we create structure, its auto creating a shop order, not a purchase requisition.  What are we missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Tenecia.Seeley  then it sound like the part typ is set to purchased? The DOP order will create a supply order based on the part type. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren our part is manufactured. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay, even tough it is possible to unpeg the SO, cancel it and instead create a PO from the DOP order, it sound like an inconvenient process. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren so we followed those steps but now we are getting an additional shop order when we do the Create Pegged Order step, it creates another shop order instead of a PO Req. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In apps 9 you will need to use the command from the respective tab.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We tried a work around of creating a customer order → unpegging the PO and then receiving on the PO.  We are now getting the following error: