Skip to main content

Imagine that we buy 2 foot sticks, and that we cut them in half to get 2 one foot stick. Currently we just count-out the two foot stick and count-in 2 one foot stick but this way causes problem since its hard to keep track of the material inventory. Is there a better way to transfer one part number to two new part number? I tought we could make the 1 foot stick with a product structure but then it would mean that everytime we produce end product the step of cutting the stick is in the process. We dont want that since we cut alot of stick that last us a pretty long time. Any suggestion?

@perse in my oppinion you would need to define:

Part No: Stick-2FT → Purchased (Raw)

Part No: Stick-1FT → Manufactured

For Stick-1FT - define routing → one operation for cutting

For Stick-1FT - define prod strcuture - component Stick-2FT - qty per assembly 0.5

Then whenever you need more Stick-1FT in your stock, you simply create a bigger Shop Order → and execute the cutting operation and receive more Stick-1FT in stock while Stick-2FT is automatically consumed during material backflush.

I hope this helps.

I have a similar question, but not as straight forward as this.

I have one raw material.  Based on testing, this raw material can be classified into 3 different groups with one group being the base material itself.  Each classification is then used in three different end products.  The different classifications are specific to its end product.  

How would I manage this in IFS?

I have a similar question, but not as straight forward as this.

I have one raw material.  Based on testing, this raw material can be classified into 3 different groups with one group being the base material itself.  Each classification is then used in three different end products.  The different classifications are specific to its end product.  

How would I manage this in IFS?

This was entered as a topic here.