Question

Changing Engineering BOM Qty

• 9 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi There,

Is there a way to change the quantity of a single part which is used in thousands of boms?

I know the structure change feature can be used to change one part for another but doesn't seem to include qty changes.

Thanks

Paul

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You can still use the Phaseout or Replace Structure Component. Type in the same Part Number as the “Component In” and enter the new Qty per Assembly.

Alternatively it is possible to use the find and replace feature to update the Quantity of the component by searching the Component Part in the Manufacturing Structures window.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi There,

Is there a way to change the quantity of a single part which is used in thousands of boms?

I know the structure change feature can be used to change one part for another but doesn't seem to include qty changes.

Thanks

Paul

Is your question related to mass changing the QPA in the Consists Of tab in multiple Engineering Part Revisions or within Manufacturing Product Structures?

Badge +2

Hi There,

Thanks

Paul

Is your question related to mass changing the QPA in the Consists Of tab in multiple Engineering Part Revisions or within Manufacturing Product Structures?

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

It is in relation to the consists of tab on the engineering part revision.

We currently use one pair of gloves in a structure and now we are buying in the gloves individually, therefore need increase the qty from 1 to 2.

I usually use the structure change function, which can be used to replace or delete a part in mass, but qty changes don't seem to be possible using this function.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@BUXTON2901 I don’t think you can do this via a standard function. But you can find all the parent parts use that component and change the QPA via a script. But again it depend on your Parent part engineering statues. If the parent part is in Active state you won't be able to change the QPA. You will need to create a new Parent Revision.