Solved

change component in recipe structure

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

we have a requirement of changing the component part in product structure and recipe structure which is in buildable state.  What is the correct process of doing that. 

icon

Best answer by Richard Owen 11 May 2022, 13:08

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

If you set this flag = ‘Simplified’ it will allow you to replace the component without creating a new revision of the Product Structure/ Recipe Structure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

thanks @Richard Owen  , can i change that to simplified and replace the new component in both recipe and product structure. is it possible to use migration job as i have to change one common component in 10 to 15 structures.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

There’s probably no need to use data migration. 

The standard functionality provides ‘Phase Out or Replace Structure Component’ functionality for this purpose.

Just make sure you have ticked/un-ticked the required check boxes and if in any doubt, try to run some tests in a test database first!

Good Luck 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

thanks @Richard Owen  , i guess this will change in both the places Product and recipe structures.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Yes, I believe so.

Recipe Structures can sometimes be more tricky, so run some tests first to ensure you get the results you are looking for!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Richard Owen  , is there a way to keep track of old revised recipe structures or product structures . Will there be a revision number.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I believe the answer to this will depend on these settings;

If the setting = ‘Simplified’ any updates will be done within the same revision so you will lose the original values (unless you enable IFS History Logging - see below)

If the setting = ‘Restricted’ any updates will create a new Revision so you will be able to retain the original values in the current revision and the updated values in the new revision.

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

You can also use the Structure Journal to see the changes that have been made within a structure revision. Helpful if the Site is set to Simplified.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

thanks @matt.watters 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

There’s probably no need to use data migration. 

The standard functionality provides ‘Phase Out or Replace Structure Component’ functionality for this purpose.

Just make sure you have ticked/un-ticked the required check boxes and if in any doubt, try to run some tests in a test database first!

Good Luck 

Hi @Richard Owen  , this option is good , i ticked the first option of structure exists with parent part phase, the lines are changed but the new revision is getting created with tentative state. i need to manually change the state to build phase.