Question

Can I use C90 (Cost Source) to drive Work center cost to different GL Accounts?

• 25 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What I did,

1. Created a Cost Source
  2. Connect the Cost Source to Work Center at Cost Details Basic Data
  3. Created posting control M41 and connect it with Control Type C90
  4. At Posting Control Detail connect Cost Source to an Account.

What I expect;

Once I report machine time, I expect the cost goes to the relevant GL Account based on the above mapping using Cost Source and WorkCentre.

Am I doing the correct thing? Is C90 meant to be use like above? If not how can I use C90?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @AanHGTS ,

Couple of things to note here. 

1. This setup has NOT designed to work on parts where Inventory Valuation = Standard Cost and Cost Level = Cost Per Part
  2. If your part does not fall in to above category then you can check the below
Check the indicator definition is like this

Check the Valid From date of the Posting Control Details for M41

Check whether there is a cost defined for the Work Center
Cost Set 1 of my manufacturing part is connected to Cost Template M-110. In this template there should be a Cost Bucket (e.g., 300) to capture Machine Cost

Check whether there is any error in the Transaction posting line

These are all I could think of now. I suggest you to start from these. If the issue persists please let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks, @Tharindu Illangasinghe.

I was trying with the Standard Cost and Cost Level = Cost Per Part.

May I know why it is not designed to work with Standard Cost and Cost Level = Cost Per Part?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @AanHGTS ,

I believe the Cost Source setup is for Actual Costing. Standard Cost Per Part setup does not take the actual costs, instead takes the Part Cost values from Cost Set 1. Therefore, it does not fetch cost sources.