• 10 replies

Hello,

I’ve set up a calendar where I have a shift pattern like this:

Shift 1: 10pm - 6am

Shift 2: 6am - 2pm

Shift 3: 2pm 10pm

Where I’m using the “Last Period Belongs to Next Day” flag as follows:

Schedule looks like this:

This works fine/as expected for capacity generation.

However, I’ve tried to create a Period Template using this calendar (set as site manufacturing calendar) and I get an error message.

I think this is because ‘Sunday’ does not exist in the calendar, because the working period belongs to Monday. However the period start date is Sunday, so this is what the system is trying to use to start each period.

Is there any way to correct this? Or should I just create a new calendar that runs 12am-12am to use for the period template?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Katie it would be helpful to post the error message you are getting.

Badge +5

@Marcel.Ausan Sure, this is the message:

I set the period as days, and period 4 is the first Sunday:

On Period Template ID 2 (the one with the error message):

Template Calendar ID = 3 Shift Calendar as per my first post

Manufacturing Calendar ID set on site page  = 3 Shift Calendar as per my first post

The error message I think is saying Sunday doesn’t exist on the manufacturing calendar (as the working period belongs to Monday). But the period template calendar isn’t behaving the same way and is starting on a Sunday.

On Period Template ID 3:

Template Calendar ID = A calendar that runs Mon-Fri 12am - 12am (starting on a Monday)

Manufacturing Calendar ID set on site page  = 3 Shift Calendar as per my first post

This works, and the period template I need is generated.

So I have a solution now, but wondered if this is a bug or I have misunderstood how to set up the period template for a calendar with shifts that overlap calendar days.