Question

Calculate standard cost automatically on new parts

• 30 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We use standard cost which we calculate every month.

Is it possible to automate so new parts automatically is calculated once they are released? So only calculate standard cost on parts where it is zero.

Is there standard functionality to achive this?

It would be perfect if we got an automated report daily saying “These parts are calculated today and here is the result”

Any input is appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hej Oskar,

When is a part ready for cost calculation? Is it when the product structure is Plannable, but what about Routings then? Should they be Plannable or Buildable. I guess different customers may have different requirements here…

There is no way in Core to automate this, but I guess it would be possible to define some custom events to trigger this.

In Core, the closest thing I can think of is to use the Part Costs screen (the overview).

1. Search for your site and your working cost set, and then search where Calculation Date is empty (IS NULL). This will give you the parts that are never ever calculated. Perhaps you would like to add more criteria like Part Type…
  1. Then you can select all of these parts, perform RMB and choose under Cost Calculations - Calculate Part Cost - Selected Parts. This will calculate the selected parts and their structures (if selected).
  2. Then you can perform Copy Costs to Cost Set One - Selected Parts.

When you work with Copy Costs to Cost Set One - Selected Parts, then again Calculation Date is an interesting search attribute.

Hope this helped to some extent.

Best Regards,

Mats at IFS R&D 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you Mats,

I tried it and as long as we manage to create the right search criterias it seems quite straight forward.
I will check with the involved persons once they are back from summer vacation.