Solved

Bin volume storage does not work

• 10 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am attempting to setup volume storage on Inventory Locations and define qty per volume on Inventory Parts, I have configured two bins with 20 and 25 bin values. My assumption is that the total storage between the two bins would be 45. However, it appears to only be 25 max. 

With both locations empty, if I attempt to move 20 units (I've setup the part for 1 pc = 1 volume), the system states that I can only put 5 units into F2.

I’ve verified this by moving a total of 25 units into the locations. 

I believe I’m not understanding the setup of this functionality in IFS, and the help does not seem to clarify how exactly this should work. Any guidance on the proper setup would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 11 June 2022, 02:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Volume Help (with Bin selected):

If a value is specified on this level, the value applies to all underlying bins in the warehouse structure, unless deviating values are set on lower levels.

Set your max volume at the Bay level as a total of all the bins.  (I set at 10000)

or

Set your max volume at the Tier/Row level which will be the max for all Bins below that (I didn’t do this)

It isn’t additive per item at that level, it is a max limit at the level at which you first set it.

Then, I can set the limit on each Bin at 25.

After doing it this way, I was able to move 20 to each bin within the same warehouse.

But, if I attempt to go over the limit of 25, then I get the same message.

Does this change your intention?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@ShawnBerk Thank you for the advice. I have changed the configuration, but oddly, it still will not allow me to fill the second bin. I receive an error as though it is already full, when it is not. The only way to get it to work is to have the bin in a different Row/Tier:

F1 & F2 are in the same Row/Tier. I created F3 in a new Row and that is behaving correctly. I would have assumed that F1 and F2 would each have a volume capacity of 20 (40 total), but they appear to be sharing the 20 volume setting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@ShawnBerk Thank you for the guidance. it appears there was a flaw in the warehouse setup, as locations were using a common Bin. After correcting and following your advice on Bay → Bin setup. I was able to configure it to behave as you outlined. 

Setting up each unique bin with a 20 unit storage and a bay storage of 60.