Question

Automatic Reservation - Project Delivery & Shop Orders

• 11 November 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

I’m having troubles understanding automatic reservations regarding Shop Orders. I’m using IFS10. In this example i have 1 parent part with 3 child parts. The parent part will be supplied with a Shop Order and the 3 child parts with a Purchase Order.

I’m making a Purchase Order from Project Delivery for 3 child parts. When i receive 2 child parts _before_ making the Shop Order, the items are reserved  on Project Delivery. After that I create the Shop Order and the reservation is taken over by the Shop Order, as can be checked in the Material tab. The 3rd child part is received _after_ the creation of the Shop Order but is reserved on Project Delivery and not on the Shop Order.

I have to manually unreserve in Project Delivery and reserve it on the Shop Order.

As a check i did the following: If i unreserve it in Project Delivery and want to reserve it again in Project Delivery IFS shows a message that it is not possible since a Shop Order exists for the Parent Part (see screenshot). 

I would expect that the reservation will be done on the Shop Order when i receive the 3rd child part. Especially if I want to manually reserve it IFS does not allow it, but seem to do it in the background anyhow.

Is this behaviour a bug or am I missing something ?

This topic has been closed for comments