Solved

APB Unknown Constraint

• 23 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi 

Hoping for some inspiration here.

I have a parent shop order with a need date of 01/10/2021( approx 1 day build) which contains multiple children of Both manufactured and purchased items.

All manufactured parts set to Finite 

After Scheduling Through APB it is giving me planned finished in week 49 :(. This is despite all manufactured components having been scheduled to be completed by Week 39, Having ample capacity on the necessary work center and all PO’s been received.

I’m also unable to drag it to an earlier date.

This results is making no sense to me, is it possible that i’m missing some other constraint?

Any light shed on the subject is welcome

Ian

icon

Best answer by IC-LukaszP 27 July 2021, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

This might sound ridiculous, but perhaps you have strangely long 'Queue Time' on Work Center connected to SO 3731, op 10?

Another assumption is that your purchase components (or just one of them) is set to Always Finite / Finite (don't remember precisely which option is using only Lead Time, not inventory part planning), and your purchase lead time is so long?

Or you are using Manufacturing Tool in SO 3731, which is assigned in different orders.
Or you have Labor Class connected that has 'Start date' in week 49.
Or last child's operation has long Transport Time.

If those above are not the case, try to delete Shop Order 3731 component one after another and perform Scheduling each time. Mayve you will which one causes unwanted delay.

Regards, Lukasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Investigate the EPST of the shop order in APB (i,e. RMB > Show). I recall APB will not allow you to move an operation or order ahead of what the system has established as the EPST. If this is the unknown constraint, you may need to run ‘Update ESD According to Material Availability’ to establish a realistic EPST for use in APB scheduling.