Solved

Advanced Planning Board Outside Operations

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 16 replies

I’m attempting to schedule an operation following an outside service operation. I want to schedule the operation to start as soon as the outside service operation is complete and there is capacity available. 

The outside op has an 8 week lead time, but it was sent out 6 weeks ago and are expecting it back in 2 weeks. The PO attached to it for example has an arrival date of 8/12. The operation I want to schedule could start on the 15th. 

When I schedule it as early as possible in APB, the system thinks it still needs a full 8 weeks, so the operation isn’t scheduled until 8 weeks from today. Can APB recognize arrival dates on outside service PO’s? Are there any solutions to scheduling shop orders with outside service operations?

Thanks,

Eric

icon

Best answer by Saman K 5 September 2022, 22:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

This is not possible I m afraid. 

When there is an outside operation in the operation structure , what we advice is to put a realistic run factor to the operation representing the outside work. This will make sure that the subsequent operation start on the proper time. But if the PO is set to arrive early , that I m afraid is not detected by APB. 

Thanks and regards

Saman

Badge +5

Saman,

I have a similar case in which APB acts oddly when scheduling the operation PREVIOUS to an Outside Operation. 

Can APB even do anything to outside operation Work Centers? Would it update the related Purchase Requisition when the previous operations is scheduled?

thanks!