Question

Show inventory part attached doc in a Crystal Report

• 19 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I am looking to create a production run book that the factory line operator can click on & produce a Crystal report showing relevant IFS data (part description, pack weight, bbe etc. etc.) and then also pull in the pallet stacking pattern PDF and the pack artwork PDF. Both PDFs are attached to the inventory part record for the packaging part.

I can pull all of the IFS data no problem, but i am struggling to get the doc man attachments. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks Steve G

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

How often do the pallet stacking diagrams change? Would it be tolerable to convert them all to images? You might even consider making the conversion a nightly job.

I’ve done a lot of this stuff in Linux, since the tools are available almost out-of-the-box from the distribution package repository. Here’s a collection of ways you might convert PDFs to images using Ubuntu: https://askubuntu.com/questions/50170/how-to-convert-pdf-to-image Most of the suggested methods can be performed from the command line, which makes scripting possible.

If you’d prefer to not use Linux, ImageMagick has Windows binaries available, and it’s also available on Cygwin, a UNIX-like emulation environment that runs on top of Windows.