Solved

Unexpcted error in IFS Business Analytics Report: System.OverflowException: Not a legal OleAut date.

• 18 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am getting the following error while running  an IFS Business Analytics Report. I am using a custom SQL Source to get some Project Management info.  It was working perfectly fine for almost a year. 

System.OverflowException: Not a legal OleAut date.at System.DateTime.TicksToOADate(Int64 value)
   at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.ParseValue(Datatype type, String value)
   at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportExecutionMgrOld.CreateDataSet(DsrdResultSet resultSet, ArrayList physicalDataSets, ReportGenerator generator, String separator, Int32& recordCount)
   at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportExecutionMgrOld.PrintReport(Dsrd dsrd, XlrTemplate template, ArrayList physicalDataSets, Exception& exception, Int32 lastDataSetId)
   at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.ExecuteReport(Exception& exception, Boolean cacheEnabled)
   at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.ReportDesigner.ReportController.Execute(Boolean cacheEnabled)

Did anyone had such problems? Any tips for solving it?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 19 March 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This will be a problem in your data.  Look for a date that is earlier than 1/1/1900. 

Given it has been working and just stopped, with no other changes, I would start with the data first.  It may be accepted fine in the field where you are extracting it, but when passing through the query, that is when it will be checked and rejected.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks, it was a date earlier than 1900, but really well hidden. :)  Because the display format in the database  was DD/MM/YY  (  01/01/0022  displayed as 01/01/22 ) it tricked me for 01/01/2022.

Thanks once more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@ioana.ionescu 

Lovely, glad you were able to eventually spot it and correct it.  Appreciate the follow up to clear the question.  You’re welcome.